directed by Anup Singh, starring Irrfan, Tisca Chopra, Tillotama Shome, Rasika Dugal, continues to win multiple prestigious awards, this time at the International Film Festival of Queensland, Australia. The awards are best director award for Anup Singh, best cinematography for Sebastian Edschmid, best Actor for Irrfan and best actress for Tillotama Shome . The India release of the film is scheduled for September 2014.
The film, a four - country international co-production between Heimatfilm (Germany), NFDC (India), Augustus Film (Netherlands), and Cine-Sud Promotion (France) is the first ever under the Indo-Germany treaty on Audio-Visual Co-productions and backed by co-producers from Netherlands and France.
It's is currently being screened at the Munich International Film Festival, Germany, in the section - International Independents- Radical innovative international art house; Spotlight - "Movies to Die For"
The film is scheduled to release in the country across twenty screens in seventeen cities including Berlin, Frankfurt, and Stuttgard. It will be showcased in the dubbed version (German) and also in the original Punjabi version with English subtitles in select theatres.
The film will get its UK premiere with a screening at the London Film Festival 2014
At the recently held PIFF (Punjabi International Film Festival) - IFSA (International Film of South Asia), Toronto, the biggest South Asian Film Festival in North America, it was the opening film followed by its theatrical premiere in Canada.
Awards won so far:
- TIFF 2013 - Toronto International Film Festival - NETPAC (Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema)- Best Asian Cinema - Contemporary World Cinema category (competition section)
- Mumbai Film Festival 2013 - Silver Gateway Award - Second Best Film - India Gold 2013- Competition section
- Abu Dhabi International Film Festival 2013 - Best Actress - Tillotama Shome
- International Film Festival Rotterdam 2014 - Honoured as the opening film at the festival to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Hubert Bals Fund (an IFFR initiative funding initiative) - Won the Dioraphte Award - Audience Award for the Best Film
- Curacao International Film Festival 2014 - Best of the Fest Award